Monday, March 1, 2010

Describe

In the dark ages, there were castles. Castles had rooms and such that had specific names. If I was writing I just could not say Jonathan walked down from the long ramp to the trading area. I would have to look up castles online or in a book and see what they called these areas. So it would be Jonathan walked down from the bulwark to the bazaar.
It is better for you to know more and make your character more realistic than just saying he would a green shirt. You could say he wore a pale green tunic that match his pallid face as his bright green eyes sharpen and shown even more. The brown breeches (pants) with a tear at the bottom revealing his leather brown shoes.
Everything is determine on the description of a story. I would not say the dew began to freeze on the grass. I would say the *hoar-frost* crunch underneath the travelers foot.
Everything is better when you use a more unique and proper describing word.
You can even describing the scenery, the emotions of two people, or even the senses. We can never cut out describing something.
i love looking up new words and learning what they mean and try to remember most of them. It makes your story want to be read and look up new words at that. A story without description would only be a plot, do not leave anything out that you think you must describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment